Did you come across the numbers 192.168.1.254 for the first time? Do you work on a computer? Is the internet connection a must for you? This is an IP address which is invariably used by the routers of specific models. This is also one of the address in the in the private networks. The IP comes with block address space of 16 bits. This address is allowed only for the private network. Some people may even think of using this for a small home network. But, the space of the address is more than 65,536 units. As a result, for a small home network, it is too much. The 192.168.1.254 IP Login is an important consideration over here. In this post, You will get a guide on how to change WiFi Username and Password and Learn What are the ways to create WiFi SSID Name and Password.
Which Brands Uses 192.168.1.254 IP?
There are some specific brands of routers that are suitable to use 192.168.1.254 address. Following are some of them:
- Alcatel modems
- 3 Com routers/ 3Com modems
- Few models of Linksys routers
- Bilion routers
- Westel DSL Modems
- Netopia Cayman Gateways
How to do 192.168.1.254 IP Login?
There are a few important steps for this. Following are to consider:
- First of all open the browser that you have been using
- Now, put 192.168.1.254 in the address bar or URL
- You are likely to land on the web page.
- There are various options over that web page. All you have to do here is to click the option. ‘advance setup’
- Then the next step is to select the bridge mode
Steps to Setup the Username and Password of the Router:
Follow the important step to get username and password of the router: There are situations when you may not be able to access the router’s user name and address. Following are the steps:
- First, you need to try and reset the router to factory settings as default.
- Press and hold the button of your router for 10 seconds
- Then you will get the option of username and password. Just left the default username of the router empty
- When you are going through resetting your username and password, just check whether the Power LED of the router is blinking.
- The time taken for resent may be different in different models. Thus, you must check with the model of router
- You must plug and replug the power adapter once the reset process is complete.
- Then you go to the setup page and there you will see the administration tab
- You will find the factory default section
- User will get the window where you will find the option, ‘restore factory defaults’
- Once you have finished the process of router rest, the configuration of the device is possible.
Ways to Change Router Password:
It is quite easy to come across the default username and the password of the router. But, you should never keep it as it is. It is important to change the password for sure. Even if the username stays unchanged, the passkey must be removed. Following are some of the steps in changing a router’s password:
- Go to the setup page of the router
- Now, go to the administrative tab and click on it
- Then you must come to the management section. From there, you can enter the new password.
- After entering the router password, you must re-enter the same again.
- Once you have put all the information, the next step will be to press on ‘ save settings’ option
- This way, you can easily change your router password
Configuring Router with 192.168.1.254 IP:
Follow a few steps by step process and you will easily be in a state to configure your router. The steps are as follows:
- Open the browser that you use. The default internet explorer browser will be appropriate
- Now go to the address bar and type 192.168.1.254
- You will find a new window where the default username and password should be entered
- In the advanced setup and mention internet service provider name
- You can soon add your login credentials.
So, This is a 192.168.1.254 IP Login guide for your new purchase WiFi router. If you have any doubt in mind then don’t hesitate to ask us through below comment box.